High acoustic performance floating floor systems from IAC Acoustics provide permanent, maintenance-free and cost-effective noise control solutions for a wide range of applications.
A floating floor system is composed of two mass layers separated by airspace and decoupled from one another with resilient mountings. This design principle, with proper flanking noise control, provides much greater values of sound insulation than can be achieved with single solid floor slabs. The result is a high performance acoustic floor at a relatively low weight than can be tolerated by modern building structures.
Our engineers are available to assist with the selection and specification of an appropriate floating floor system. We can measure the noise level of the sound source, and from this then calculate the degree of sound insulation required and whether isolated walls will also be necessary. For a typical installation, IAC will install the floor isolation system and supervise the pouring of concrete supplied by others. All our Floating Floors are acoustically rated and have certified solutions.
IAC has over 50 years’ experience of noise control engineering and has supplied literally hundreds of floating floors on a wide variety of projects across Europe and the USA. We offer a complete turnkey service comprising design, manufacture and installation.
Floating Floor Product Range
IAC designs and manufactures three main types of floating floors.
- Panel Mount Systems are the standard type of floating floors. They incorporate neoprene, glass fibre, cork or spring isolators that provide an acoustic break and a fixed air gap between the ‘floating’ concrete floor slab and the structural building slab.
- Jack-Up Systems have a similar construction to the Panel Mount System with the addition of adjustable isolators providing the ability to vary the air gap between the ‘floating’ concrete floor slab and the structural building slab.
- Acoustic Panel Systems incorporate IAC modular acoustic panels in lieu of the concrete floor slab. Using pre-fabricated modular panels removes the need for wet trades on site and enables the floor to be dismantled and re-located if required.
To find out more about our floating floor product range, download our factsheet
Floating Floor Characteristics
IAC’s high acoustic performance Floating Floor Systems provide permanent, maintenance-free and cost-effective noise control solutions for a wide range of applications. Floating floors from IAC have the following characteristics and benefits:
- Optimum sound reduction
- Minimum construction weight
- Panel Mount Systems
- Jack-Up Systems
- Modular Acoustic Panel Systems
- Polystyrene former technology for cinema applications
- Acoustically-rated and certified solutions
- Complementary acoustic products including doors, windows, absorbers and tuners, isolating wall ties and hangers
Floating Floor Applications
IAC supplies floating floors for a wide range of applications that include:
- Bowling alleys
- Cinemas (sloping floors)
- Gymnasiums within public, residential or corporate premises
- Health and fitness suites
- Plant and machinery rooms
- Shooting ranges
- Sports halls